- The Area
Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Derbyshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire.
· Managing and developing a variety of customers including, wholesalers, direct and non-direct retailers, and horse owners within a sales territory.
· Meeting Retailers and Wholesalers to carry out effective business reviews.
· Identifying and implementing activities to generate product sell through.
· Liaising with retailers to identify and secure potential new customers via yard visits.
· Consulting and giving feed advice to horse owners in a variety of disciplines, from leisure to professional riders.
· Educating consumers and retailers on products and modern feeding practises – delivering talks, in-store training and feeding advice.
· Recruiting new customers
· Attending trade and equine events, locally and nationally as required.
· Reporting and updating CRM in line with company policy.
· Sharing and reporting on competitor activities.
Essential experience & skills
· Knowledge and understanding of a range of equine disciplines and the equine industry
· Proven experience developing a sales territory
· Excellent communicator and a proven ability to build positive relationships with customers
· Ability in managing key accounts
· Identifying and gaining new business opportunities
· Self–organised and confident to work independently
· Effective time management and journey planning
· Negotiation and influencing skills
· IT & PC literacy – Microsoft Word, Power Point and CRM systems
Beneficial experience and skills.
· Knowledge of the smallholder and poultry retail trade
· Experience in merchandising and display in stores
· Developing business through multi digital channels eg. Facebook, Instagram
· Using Microsoft Team, Zoom or other digital communication tools
· Presentation skills
· Analytically minded
· Problem solver
Salary commensurate with skill level. Company pension and health insurance available after probationary period.
If you would like to apply to join us, please apply by submitting a covering letter, salary expectations and full CV by 30 April, to Lorraine Rice at Baileys Horse Feeds. firstname.lastname@example.org