● A Highly Attractive Detached Modern Cottage Built in a Traditional Style
● Three Bedrooms, Two Bath/Shower Rooms, Two Reception Rooms
● Large Gardens with a Pond, Lawns and Summerhouse
● Garage, Barn and Outbuildings
● Productive Vegetable Garden, Soft Fruit Beds, Orchard and Three Polytunnels
● Gently Sloping Pasture Paddocks Fronting the Gilwern Brook
● Approx. 7.7 Acres In All
● Elevated Position with Wonderful Far-Reaching Views
A most attractive three bedroom detached cottage set in approx. 7.7 acres, with large gardens, orchard, outbuildings and paddocks, in a secluded location with wonderful far-reaching views.
We understand the cottage was completed in June 2008 using reclaimed materials where possible, combined with energy efficiency and exceptional insulation, to create a perfect blend of modern convenience with all the charm and character of a traditional property. The property has provided the current owners with a high degree of self-sufficiency, with a wonderfully productive vegetable garden, complete with soft fruit beds and a young orchard which is planted with a wide range of heritage apple varieties.
The paddocks and outbuildings are ideal for smallholding or private equestrian use, and for those with equine interests Yeld Lane leads to Hergest Ridge, which provides extensive outriding. The property is also situated in a location renowned for its stunning scenery and walks, most notably along the Offa’s Dyke Path.
Although situated in a very rural setting, the property is within walking distance of Kington town centre which has an excellent range of local facilities including junior and senior schools, a range of shops, restaurants, leisure centre and golf course.